AdsbyGoogle

Monday, January 25, 2016

Hiding out in Texas

White page, many thoughts, don't know where to begin.

After escaping my husband in Kentucky by hitchhiking to Texas, I stayed in hiding from him, I left no trail for him to follow. If I had gone to Michigan he would have tracked me down.

Retro thoughts to 1980's and 90's: cocaine, crank, heroin, pot, mescaline, alcohol, sex, and lived in five different states.

Working two or more jobs always at the same time. Living in groups so the money could be spent on partying. I party as hard as I worked. I was selective on my drugs of choice. How I never got addicted I will never know. Maybe it was because of my choice of drugs was almost always uppers and I worked hard so I wouldn't have to face reality. Some weeks I slept 3 to 4 hours a day, some days none.

Then I would smoke pot to come down and sleep a good 8 hours straight. My choice of food was minimal, the less I ate the thinner I could be and then I would be approved of by others.

I worked long hours so family, would be proud of me that I could make it on my own.

This went on for 7 years. When I finally decided this was not what I wanted my life to be, I sold off everything packed my car and drove back to Michigan. And Started a new life.

Got a job in a restaurant, stayed with my niece and met my next husband.

No comments:

Featured Post

Inside my head the past natters away

I am inflicted with PTSD because of the abuse I have endured from family and men in my life. I look back now and realize the abuse I went t...