AdsbyGoogle

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Inside my head the past natters away

I am inflicted with PTSD because of the abuse I have endured from family and men in my life. I look back now and realize the abuse I went through in relationships is actually an extension from being abused as a child. Children learn what they live.
The older I get the more I realize the past has negatively impacted my life in such negative way. On the positive side, it made me a survivor in many unexpected areas of my work life and economically keeping a home.
There have been a few times that I lived on the edge but because of my survival instincts, I kept from going over the edge.
After escaping from my husband:
I ended in a safe house when the van broke down, that I had stolen from him. After getting it repaired someone stole the battery out of it. Back to square one. Got another battery and was on my way. Got a couple hundred miles down the road when it broke down again in the middle of nowhere. Now I am thinking how am I ever going to get to Texas.
I decided to hitchhike. Didn't have much since I left in the middle of the night with a nightgown on. While I was at the shelter they took me to a free clothing place. There I was able to get a few pieces of clothing that fit me. Was not the most stylish but it covered my butt.
Packed the few things I had and got out along the road and put my thumb out.
Mind you I am a shattered woman by now. Can't go back, have to go forward.
Truck driver in his personal car, he was heading for a new job, picked me up.
We went as far as Memphis, TN, that is where he was going. He bought me a one-way bus ticket to Dallas, Texas where my sister was picking me up. I offered to repay him once I started working. He said no, just pay forward when you see someone in need. So, I have always paid forward because of a truck driver that helped me when I was in need.

No comments:

Featured Post

Inside my head the past natters away

I am inflicted with PTSD because of the abuse I have endured from family and men in my life. I look back now and realize the abuse I went t...