AdsbyGoogle

Monday, April 9, 2018

April is Prevent Child Abuse

Here are a few links to websites that fight for and do education to prevent child abuse.

childwelfare.gov/topics

preventchildabuse.org/2018-capm-toolkit/

We Are Thorn.org


I want to say I am healed 100% but I'm not and more than likely will never be.


I was thinking of a time I needed protection after reading about Home for Hope. At the time it wasn't funny but looking back it was quite humorous. I escaped him by stealing the Van that didn't have keys. I used a screwdriver to turn the ignition, push the clutch in to get it to roll down the incline then pop the clutch When my ex-husband woke up and I had drugged him and padlocked him in the travel trailer we lived in. He uses to keep me captive. We lived in the holler of Kentucky blue mountains. It was a trailer like the one used in a movie Lucille Ball and Desi Arnes traveled across the country on their honeymoon. 
No, I was just writing
That was the end of three years of pure mental and physical abuse. He is dead now I was researching info when I came across his Obit. He died in 2002 I believe. I did my own divorce without the help of an Attorney the judge was quite impressed. Me too. It's amazing what the mind can overcome when needed too.
The first time I was abused sexually I was 4 years old the last time was 2010. So its just my dogs, sons, and 10 grandchildren Life is good. I have a roof over my head, food to eat, love of family.


 I have been trying for years now. If others could see no matter how bad their life might be there is always a possibility to have some normalcy. A friend of mine told me one time that my life isn't normal for all of the shit I have had to deal with. I told her Lexy this is normal for me.

I am a fighter. I never got addicted to drugs or alcohol. I did do them as self-medicating. My younger days I would get upset and cry. Why me Why me. Then it got to the point of good whats next? Then it became ok how will I fix this issue? 


No comments:

Featured Post

Inside my head the past natters away

I am inflicted with PTSD because of the abuse I have endured from family and men in my life. I look back now and realize the abuse I went t...